Homework is not generally given in my class, however, there are many ways for students to practice using technology at home. With parental guidance and supervision, students may practice keyboarding, navigation of websites, and curricular concepts. The following sites may be helpful for keyboarding and curriculum practice.
Children should always be supervised while on the Internet. It is highly recommended that the computer be used in a place where adults are present. The rules I teach in school for Internet usage are listed below:
1. Always take a grown-up when traveling the Internet.
2. NEVER give out personal information with out the consent of a trusted adult.
3. Ignore all pop-ups and advertisements.
4. Obtain permission before clicking on links.
5. Never speak to anyone online unless you know him / her in person.